- Products / Shop online
- Aquascape Journals
- Tips & Techniques
- About us
- Contact us
The Green Machine's 'Fallen Tree' Aquascape
Dec 01 2009
From time to time one of the large acrylic display tanks in The Green Machine's store is re-scaped. On this occasion James Findley, TGM's Artistic Director took responsibility.
- Aquarium - 305cm x 61cm x 61cm high (approximately) TGM all acrylic aquarium
- Stand - TGM marble tiled custom build
- Filtration & Heating - Eheim Professionel 3 filter with filter wool and 9 litres of Sera Siporax & Aqua Medic Titanium 500w aquarium heater
- CO2 - TGM Custom Kit; 3KG bottle, Aqua Medic 1000 inline CO2 diffuser
- Lighting - Arcadia Series 4 triple 150W metal halide with twin 54W T5
- Substrate -ADA Aqua Soil Africana, ADA Aqua Soil Africana Powder, ADA Power Sand Special L
- Decor / hardscape - Petfified (Fossilised) wood
- Plants -
Step by Step
ADA Power Sand Special L is added as a base substrate layer.
Jim has assembled a range of Petfified (Fossilised) wood
More ADA Power Sand Special L is added.
ADA Power Sand Special L is spread across the bottom of the aquarium.
Jim uses a brush to spread the ADA Power Sand Special L evenly across the bottom of the aquarium.
ADA Power Sand L is used as the next substrate layer.
ADA Aqua Soil Africana is added
The first pieces of Petfified (Fossilised) wood are positioned
ADA Aqua Soil Africana Powder is added as the final top layer of substrate