- Products / Shop online
- Aquascape Journals
- Tips & Techniques
- About us
- Contact us
'Five Stones' Aquascape by James Findley
Jun 06 2012
James wanted to create an original, modern Andy Warhol, pop-art style of Nature Aquarium. To do this, he used the ADA Sado-Akadama Stone which has a lovely red colour, and the ADA Aqua Screen in Clear Green because red and green are at opposite ends of the colour spectrum and therefore create a very dramatic contrast, like blue and orange or purple and yellow do.
At first, James was not sure about the Aqua Screen but as this aquascape has grown in he has been very pleased with it and is excited about the opportunities it provides for originality.
This aquascape reflects the artistic nature of aquascaping, and the way in which there are an endless range of styles and influences for the aquascaper to draw upon.
The full video will feature detailed explanations of James' inspiration, techniques and planting tips.
Skip to the bottom of this page to see full 'grown in' photo coverage.
This full video features detailed explanations of James' inspiration, techniques and planting tips along with step by step coverage of the creation of Five Stones.
This video uses time-lapse photography to document James Findley aquascaping a stunning ADA Wood Cabinet White & ADA Cube Garden 60-P Aquarium at The Green Machine. This ultimate all-ADA setup is currently on display in The Green Machine, Wrexham. This video serves as a trailer for the full real time video which will be published once the aquascape has grown in. Come and see for yourself how the aquascape is growing in!
- Aquarium - ADA Cube Garden 60-P 60 x30 x 36cm & ADA Aqua Screen Clear Green
- Stand - ADA Wood Cabinet White
- Filtration & Heating - ADA Super Jet Filter ES 600 for 36cm high tank with Lily Pipes
- CO2 - ADA CO2 Tower
- Lighting - ADA Solar I White 150W Metal Halide
- Substrate - ADA Aqua Soil Africana, ADA Aqua Soil Africana Powder, ADA Power Sand Special M, ADA Penac P, ADA Penac W, ADA Bacter 100, ADA Tourmaline BC, ADA Clear Super
- Decor / hardscape - ADA Sado-Akadama Stone (five stones- hence the title)
- Plants - Hemianthus callitrichoides 'Cuba', Alternanthera reineckii 'Pink' (roseafolia), Hygrophila corymbosa 'Compact', Vallisneria nana, Vesicularia ferriei Weeping Moss, Eleocharis acicularis
- Fish - Oryzias minutillus, common name; Dwarf Rice Fish, 7 Ottocinculus affinis, 20 Bee Shrimp and 10 Amano Shrimp
Substrate addtitives in place.
The First stone placement- crucial in any Iwagumi Layout.
3 months into the life of the aquascape...
5 months into the life of the aquascape...
Beautiful ADA Sado-Akadama Stone
Call back to this page in the future to see the final video of the aquarium!