Aquascape by The Green Machine
The new design is to evoke a sense of a new dawn, new growth and new life. We also wanted to bring some colour and contrast into the aquascape. This comes from the Ludwigia Glandulosa, Rotala Rontundifolia and Ludwigia Arcuata contrasting with the dark greens of the Microsorum and Bolbitis.
The design is based around several triangles and with a mound or central (triangle) island design. The use of ADA Dragon Stone lends its self well to drawing the eye from right to left – following the idea of creating strata lines, akin to those seen in nature.
The use of Vesicularia Dubyana Christmas will give a real sense of age and soften the harsh lines of the stone.
For the first few weeks of growth, we will be adding 10 ml of ADA Brighty K, and 10 ml of Easylifes Easy Carbo, daily. The use of ADA Brighty K will help stimulate the plants into the photosynthesis process, thus taking up nutrients such as the excess ammonia that is a bi-product of the new ADA Aqua Soil Africana. The Easylifes Easy Carbo will help give the plants extra carbon with the adage of the algaecidal properties this product has. Once this ammonia spike is finally over, then we will start to dose ADA Green Brighty Step 1. This will be dosed at half the recommended amount for the first few weeks and as plant growth and plant mass increases, then so will the amount of ADA Green Brighty Step 1.
- Aquarium – Braceless, rimless, 10mm opti-white glass, 90x45x45cm, 180 litres
- Stand – ADA Garden Stand
- Lighting – ADA Solar I pendant with 150w NA metal halide lamp
- Filter – ADA Super Jet Filter ES-1200 with ADA glass lily pipes
- Substrate – ADA Bacter 100, Clear Super, Tourmaline BC, Power Sand Special M, ADA Aqua Soil Africana
- CO2 system – 3Kg pressurised cylinder, ADA Speed Controller/regulator, Cabochon Ruby, Beetle Counter, 40mm Pollen Glass Beetle
- Décor / hardscape – ADA Dragon Stone
- ADA Dark Iron Wood
- Plants –
Step by Step