James wanted to create an original, modern Andy Warhol, pop-art style of Nature Aquarium. To do this, he used the ADA Sado-Akadama Stone which has a lovely red colour, and the ADA Aqua Screen in Clear Green because red and green are at opposite ends of the colour spectrum and therefore create a very dramatic contrast, like blue and orange or purple and yellow do.
At first, James was not sure about the Aqua Screen but as this aquascape has grown in he has been very pleased with it and is excited about the opportunities it provides for originality.
This aquascape reflects the artistic nature of aquascaping, and the way in which there are an endless range of styles and influences for the aquascaper to draw upon.
– Aquarium – ADA Cube Garden 60-P 60 x30 x 36cm & ADA Aqua Screen Clear Green
– Stand – ADA Wood Cabinet White
– Filtration & Heating – ADA Super Jet Filter ES 600 for 36cm high tank with Lily Pipes
– CO2 – ADA CO2 Tower
– Lighting – ADA Solar I White 150W Metal Halide
– Substrate – ADA Aqua Soil Africana, ADA Aqua Soil Africana Powder, ADA Power Sand Special M, ADA Penac P, ADA Penac W, ADA Bacter 100, ADA Tourmaline BC, ADA Clear Super
– Decor / hardscape – ADA Sado-Akadama Stone (five stones- hence the title)
– Plants – Hemianthus callitrichoides ‘Cuba’, Alternanthera reineckii ‘Pink’ (roseafolia), Hygrophila corymbosa ‘Compact’, Vallisneria nana, Vesicularia ferriei Weeping Moss, Eleocharis acicularis
– Fish – Oryzias minutillus, common name; Dwarf Rice Fish, 7 Ottocinculus affinis, 20 Bee Shrimp and 10 Amano Shrimp