ADA Aqua Soil is the original Nature Aquarium substrate, and is used by professional aquascaper James Findley in many of his Nature Aquarium Layouts. Designed and used by the late master pro aquascaper Takashi Amano for his company Aqua Design Amano. AquaSoil is available in 3 varieties;
- Dark brown-black colour of the Amazonian Rain Forest.
- Available in: Amazonia 3l, Amazonia 9l, Amazonia Powder Type 3l and Amazonia Powder Type 9l
- Red-brown colour of the African rain forest, which can provide a stunning contrast against the green plants.
- Relatively hard granules which are easy to handle, and ensure very clear water.
- Available in: Africana 3l, Africana 9l, Africana Powder Type 3l and Africana Powder Type 9l
- Ocher colour of the natural substrate in South East Asia.
- Ideal for aquarium layouts that are designed to last for a long period.
- Available in: Malaya 3l, Malaya 9l, Malaya Powder Type 3l and Malaya Powder Type 9l
ADA also offer each variety in a Powder Type which has additional benefits:
- Ideal for nano/small aquariums as it creates a greater sense of scale
- Ideal for carpeting plants
- For more info read Why Choose ADA Aqua Soil Powder Type?
** Please note that ADA substrates are designed to release ammonia as an aid in cycling new filter media. This is in effect “fishless cycling” and is of great benefit to livestock when they are eventually added to the tank. Because of this livestock should not be added for at least three weeks and we reccomend that a large 70% water change be carried out weekly during this period. Planting will also be easier at this point as plants too do not appreciate high ammonia levels. We are not just a website: we have a real shop full of Nature Aquarium displays, so we can offer you truly expert advice. For more help and assistance please contact us now, phone us on 01978 265 090, or visit us in store. We have helped thousands of people learn to aquascape…and we are still counting! Or find out a little bit more about us by reading The Green Machine Experience. Browse our Aquascape Journals to see ADA Aqua Soil being used in hundreds of aquascapes.